Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies

Cookies for Kids' Cancer

The Great Food Blogger 
Cookie Swap

I loved being able to help in a little way with a great Charity, Cookies for Kids Cancer. I had a great time with this Cookie Swap, to only did I bake 3 dozen of my favorite Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and sent out One Dozen to Three other Bloggers, but I also received 3 separate dozen cookies from other Bloggers. I got White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies from Fran's Favs, Hazelnut Dusties from Small Town Cookie, and Molasses cookies from Bake Not Burn. All three were wonderful I personally loved the Hazelnut Dusties. 

Now on to my recipe Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies, admit it you all started off using the recipe of the bag of Chocolate Chips, Probably Toll-house brand. I did but once I started really learning how to cook and bake I wanted to search for and find that Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe! And I did what a lot of you now probably do I Googled The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. And what did I find three links down is this recipe. Its from Savory Sweet Life and it is now my go-to Recipe, that is until I find a better recipe. So try out this cookie recipe and then come back to my blog and let me know if You thought they were your Favorite!

The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever!

Author: Savory Sweet Life
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 12 mins
Total time: 22 mins
Serves: 48 Cookies
Ingredients
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 3/4 cups (12 oz) all-purpose flour *If at all possible, please weigh the flour
  • 3/4 tsp. smallish-medium coarse sea salt
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 2 1/4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I use triple Chocolate Chips)
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 360 degrees. Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until it is nice and fluffy (approx. 3 minutes on medium-high speed on a K-5). Add both eggs and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes. Add baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour until cookie batter is fully incorporated. Finally add chocolate chips until well distributed. The cookie batter should be somewhat thick. Drop about 2 tablespoons of dough or use a medium cookie scoop and plop the batter onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
  2. Freeze for 5 minutes before baking
  3. Bake for 12-14 minutes until the edges are nice and golden brown. Remove from heat and allow the cookies to stay on the cookie sheet for an additional 2 minutes. Pick up the parchment paper with the cookies still on top and transfer to a cool non-porous surface. Allow the cookies to cool on the paper for at least 3 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Notes
* Please do not use table salt, the sea salt gives the cookies a nice flavor and hints of texture. If you only have table salt, use 1/2 tsp. *When using sea salt, you will get small crunchy flecks of salt when you bite into the cookie. If you do not like this taste, go with 1/2 teaspoon of table salt.
* I realized grocery stores sell bags of chocolate chips in 12 oz bags but this recipe really needs every last chip. Otherwise you’ll get cookies with only a few chips in each one and this recipe requires lots of chocolate to bulk the cookie up. You’ll need about 1 1/2 bags.
* I buy a mixed bag of chocolate chips at a Amish grocer but I'm sure you can find them at other stores it measures out to 2 1/4 cups so I just use one bag.
* I also like to freeze the trays of scooped Cookie dough in the Freezer for 5 minutes to firm them up they don't flatten as much.


Before Baking


















After Baking
 Oh and thank you OXO for sending me a lovely Orange Silicone Spatula and for supporting Cookies for Kids' Cancer. And Thank you to Love and Olive Oil and The Little Kitchen for organizing this whole Cookie Swap.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the cookies! I really enjoyed them. Erin of Bachus' Cooking Capers.

    ReplyDelete